1. Transfer of equity shares to investor education and protection fund as per authority (accounting, audit, transfer and refund) rules, 2016 :
This is to inform you that pursuant to Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (Accounting, Audit, Transfer and Refund) Rules, 2016 as amended by Ministry of Corporate Affairs on 28th February, 2017 read with Section 124(6) of Companies Act, 2013, all shares in respect of which dividend has not been paid or claimed for seven consecutive years or more shall be transferred by the Company in the name of Investor Education and Protection Fund.
From the perusal of Company’s unpaid dividend record, it has been observed that dividend in respect of shareholders (as list uploaded) for the seven consecutive years starting from the year 2008-09 onwards remains unclaimed.
Accordingly, shareholders are requested to check up at their end and claim the dividend by submitting the Letter of Indemnity duly executed and signed on a stamp paper of Rs. 25/- or original dividend warrant to the Company. On receipt of the same, Company shall make arrangement for the issue of demand draft in lieu of original dividend warrant.
The Company has already sent letters alongwith Letter of Indemnity to the said shareholders at their registered address.
Kindly treat the matter as MOST URGENT and take immediate action in this regard latest by 15th May, 2017 otherwise, the Company is under obligation to transfer the Equity Shares held by you in the Company to Investor Education and Protection Fund on 31st May, 2017 as per Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (Accounting, Audit, Transfer and Refund) Rules, 2016.
In case you have any query, you may contact the Compliance Officer at 0161-5066223 or write an email at: email@example.com
List of Shareholders
2. Green Initiative :- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs vide Circular No. 17/2011 dated 21.04.2011 and Circular No. 18/2011 dated 29.04.2011 has taken a “Green Initiative in the Corporate Governance” by allowing paperless compliances by the companies. The Companies can now send various notices and documents, including Annual Report, to its shareholders via electronic mode to the registered e-mail addresses of shareholders. To support this green initiative of the Government in full measure, shareholders are requested to register/update their latest e-mail addresses with their Depository Participant (D.P.) with whom they are having Demat A/c. or send the same to the Company via e-mail at:-
3. Annual General Meeting:
Friday, 30th September, 2016 at 03.30 p.m. at the premises of Nahar Industrial Enterprises Limited, Focal Point, Ludhiana.
4. Financial Calendar: The Financial Year of the company is 1st April to 31st March.
5. Book Closure: 10th September, 2016 to 22nd September, 2016 (both days inclusive).
6. Dividend Payment :
A. Dividend:The dividend on equity shares as recommended by the Board of Directors, if approved at the Annual General Meeting will be paid to the members, whose names appear in Register of Members as on 9th September, 2016 or Register of Beneficial Owners maintained with the Depositories as at the close of 9th September, 2016.
B. ECS Payment : Dividend amount shall be credited to shareholder's account through ECS before 15th October, 2016.
C. Physical Warrants :The Physical Dividend Warrants shall be Despatched to the shareholders before 15th October, 2016.
D. Unclaimed/Unpaid Dividend: Pursuant to Section 205C of the Companies Act, 1956, Unpaid dividend for the year 2007-08 has been transferred to Investor Education and Protection Fund. Further the dividend for the year 2008-09 is to be transferred to the above said Fund in November, 2016. Shareholders who have not encashed their dividend warrants relating to said period are requested to claim the amount from the Company at the earliest.
E. E-voting period:The company has engaged the services of Central Depository Services (India) Limited, for the purpose of E-Voting. All the shareholders holding shares on the cut off date i.e. 23rd September, 2016 are eligible to exercise their right of E-Voting. The E-voting shall commence on 27.09.2016 (9.00 a.m. onwards) and ends on 29.09.2016 (5.00 p.m.). Mr. P.S. Bathla, a Practicing Company Secretary has been appointed as Scrutinizer for the purpose of E-voting.
7. Listing on Stock Exchanges: The equity shares of the Company are listed at BSE Limited and National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE)
8. Board Meeting Information
The Board met on Friday, the 11th day of November, 2016 to consider and approve Un-audited Financial Results for the quarter ended on 30th September, 2016.
9. Stock Code
For trading at NSE: NAHARCAP
For trading at BSE: 532952
10. ISIN No: INE049I01012
11. Registrar and Transfer Agent:
M/s. Alankit Assignments Limited
Alankit House, 2E/21,
New Delhi – 110055
Phone: 011 - 23541234
12. Shareholder Contact:
In case of any query, contact below:
Mrs. Anjali Modgil
Company Secretary & Compliance Officer
Nahar Capital and Financial Services Ltd.
“Nahar Tower”, 375, Industrial Area – A,
Ludhiana – 141003
Fax : 0161-2222942, 2601956
13. Policy for determining material subsidiaries
Not applicable as the Company is not having any subsidiary Company. However, the Company is having three Associate Companies viz Nahar Spinning Mills Ltd., Nahar Poly Films Ltd. and Nahar Industrial Enterprises Ltd. pursuant to the provisions of Section 129(3) of the Companies Act, 2013.”